Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mangrove Projects @ Kuala Gula, Perak

I was privileged to be invited to Kuala Gula, Perak on the 7th of September 2014 by Sir Kalaimani Supramaniam, ENO's Coordinator for Asia and Malaysia to witness ENO's mangrove projects which has been actively going on since 2006 and up-to-date, almost NINE Miss Earth around the region have visited and participated in this particular mangrove planting activity at Kuala Gula. It was definitely an eye opener for me since I was able to witness on my own the boat rides, beautiful scenery, mangrove planting in swampy areas as well as collecting cockles in muddy swampy sites! I also managed to slot in my time for a short tour to the kindergarten and was pleased to have visited the Buddhist temple nearby.


Posing on the roots of a mangrove tree! No worries because the roots is incredibly strong! 


I enjoyed myself so much being in the muddy swamps. You'll see plenty of tiny crabs crawling here and there. I had a tough time walking from point A to point B because of the slippery wet muddy ground. Did you know, the mud itself is good for your skin?! So, if you have skin problems, you know what to do lar. Haha


I was very busy collecting cockles for dinner. I was indeed very excited and *Jakun*. Got my pants and shirt all covered with dirt & mud. No sweat. No fun!




I am preparing myself for a jumping shot. I couldn't jump high because of the slippery ground and I was trying to hold a nice facial expression. Lol




Overall, I enjoyed myself and definitely look forward to come back for another visit here. If you love nature, fresh air, and fulfilled moments, come over to Kuala Gula to experience it yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment