Friday, September 26, 2014

Thank You QUEENS OF MISS EARTH page for featuring me on your site!

QUEENS OF MISS EARTH PAGE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.

I am Renee Tan, Miss Malaysia Earth 2014. Well, the idea of beauty pageants, once you hear of it, you become pessimistic, because of the rumors surrounding it. But what actually triggered my interest in this particular pageant was the organization behind it. Also, it emphasizes on intelligence as well as environmental protection programs which I find it very intriguing.
  • 1.      You were designated/crowned as candidate to Miss Earth, is there a national competition to select a representative to the pageant?


Answer: Before being selected as Malaysia’s representative to Miss Earth, I have been competing in my country’s national competition. It was nerve-racking, thrilling, enriching and sometimes a bit stressful but definitely an experience I will never forget! I had two weeks of pageant boot camp with 23 other incredibly lovely ladies from diverse backgrounds and at the end, I came out top.  I was hopeful going into the pageant but I didn’t expect to win.

  • 2.      Joining international pageants such as Miss Earth requires a lot of preparations, how do you prepare yourself? What are the necessary things you have to prepare before travelling to Manila, Philippines?


Answer: The pageant is drawing closer and joining international pageants such as Miss Earth involves tons of preparations and training. I have been preparing myself physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually because it is vital to have a solid foundation in these areas so as to go into the pageant with peace of mind, self-confidence, poise, and clarity. The ideal evening gowns and national costumes are definitely in my top checklist of items before traveling to Manila, Philippines.

  • 3.      Miss Earth gathers around 90 gorgeous women around the world to participate in the international pageant, what are your expectations? Do you expect to win?


Answer: Each and every woman who participate in this Miss Earth pageant are already winners of their own countries and every individual country winners hope to make their country proud. I will surely try my ultimate best to do my country proud by being the best version of myself. For me, winning isn’t everything but making the effort to win and wanting to win is!

  • 4.      Miss Earth is considered as the third largest pageant and is regarded as the most relevant pageant in the world, how you can help make it more popular all over the world.


Answer: Miss Earth pageant is already very popular for its worthy cause of preserving the environment and protecting Mother Earth through this prestigious global beauty event. What I can help to make it even more popular all over the world is to create an innovative, impactful and informative environmental campaign for schools and teachers since students are the future of a country and their actions on such environmental works through social media will effectively and ethically influence others.

  • 5.      Miss Earth has a great advocacy, that is, environmental preservation and protection, what have you done so far in line with the advocacy of the pageant?


Answer: I am grateful and blessed to be given the opportunity to go the Philippines for three days Environment Online programme. During my visit, I have participated in countless tree planting activity as well as mangrove planting. I have also take part in the mangrove planting activity at Kuala Gula, Perak. After being crowned as Miss Malaysia Earth 2014, I strongly want to influence others with my advocacy and this opportunity is definitely a good platform for me to reach out and educate the children about protecting their environment. Young children inspire me because they are so full of life, and children are our greatest treasure. They are our future. We must therefore, teach them well! I have been actively going to schools and teaching the kids on the importance of tree planting as well as getting the children involved in the tree planting activity in their school compound.

  • 6.      As a parting message, what can you advice to all women who desire to join pageants such as Miss Earth?


Answer: Joining a beauty pageant is not about glamour or glitz alone. Under the shine of the media spotlight, it is about giving back to the society through genuine efforts and the desire to help the public as well as the environment.













No comments:

Post a Comment