Saturday, March 7, 2015

Reminiscing my time in Philippines ♥

I remember this experience vividly, as though it happened yesterday. What really amazed me was the beautiful scenery and the terrain was spectacular! I also realized while on the road in the Philippines that you will never go hungry, as there will always be vendors selling you peanuts, bananas, and even chips on the streets. Bayug Island was paradise, and had such a breath of fresh air all around! The cool breeze felt soothing across my face whilst the slow-setting sun provided an experience not to be missed. As we took a visit to the insanely beautiful Pagayawan Falls and did inaugural tree planting, I accidentally glanced upwards at the sky and froze in astonishment! I was paralyzed with awe and wonder at the sheer beauty of the scenery! This was the most amazing thing I have ever visualized with my own eyes. Same goes for my visit to the Tinago Falls and the Maria Cristina Falls which was the grandest and most majestic of them all. The waterfall is the second highest in the Philippines! 

By the way, it's well known that this beauty extends to the people as well. In my experience, from all the Asians I have met, Filipinos are the most kind and friendly people, extremely welcoming and curious, but also respectful. Filipinos really have an act of being so close to each other which I really like about. This element of closeness is a part of Pinoy culture that is found all the way throughout their people and is one reason why the place is so friendly. They always seem happy and smiling, and culturally speaking, music in the Philippines is absolutely everywhere! During the school visits, I was amazed that young school children playing instruments whilst performing a choreographed march. They love to sing and to dance whenever there is an occasion to celebrate. They demonstrated a lot of work, effort and commitment to their performances. Tagalog is the national dialect although there are many regional languages but however English is widely spoken throughout. Regardless of age, it was a great sight to see all Filipinos supporting the campaign for environmental protection and planting mangrove seedlings despite the scorching hot sun! I miss eating the humble coconut pie, filled with succulent slices of young coconut called BUKO, a simple, wholesome dessert made with an ingredient found in local abundance. 


 from left to right: Myself, Miss Earth - Water 2013, Miss Philippines Earth 2014

Planting tree seedling with the kids.


  
Giving my environmental talk to the students.












Don't miss this opportunity to experience the hospitality and culture! I certainly look forward to going back to the Philippines soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment